Hello, Texas Patriots!
I’m excited to tell you about a new contest TTP is launching, because it’s a solid win for every one! Yes, one satellite location will win the grand prize, but every location and our entire movement will benefit from the efforts.
So what’s the grand prize?
The winning satellite will get a special event hosted in their area. It will include a guest speaker, as well as a fun social time such as a free dinner or happy hour. Some of the speakers we’re looking into include Lara Logan (finally getting her re-booked!), KY Congressman Massie, TTP-all-time-fave KrisAnne Hall, or the brother and wife of Rush Limbaugh on their new book tour. The leadership team of the winning satellite will help us plan the event you won’t want to miss!
Ok, now that I’ve got ya excited, lemme tell ya how to win…
That’s right… the contest is all about attendance. Who will have the largest % increase in the 1st quarter of 2023 compared to the 4th quarter of 2022? We will average your attendance for the first 4 months, calculate the percent growth, and the location with the highest increase gets the party.
Need some tips on how to grow your group? Here’s some!
- Duh… invite people! Neighbors, co-workers, Bible study friends, people w/ bumper stickers or tshirts you like. Like-minded folks are everywhere!
- Have you noticed someone hasn’t shown up in awhile? Reach out and invite him/her back.
- When you are at a meeting, make sure you meet new people. Greet them. Ask them to sit with you. Invite them back.
- Help your satellite host social hours. Those help draw in new people. Coffees, happy hours, lunches, etc — it’s a chance to get to know people in a better setting than a meeting. Many times folks will come to a social event long before they ever attend a meeting.
- Carry TTP cards or flyers with you ([email protected] can get you some) to stick on windshields or hand out to people you meet.
- Help your team with phone calls, text messages, and/or emails to everyone on your area’s contact list to personally invite them or remind them about upcoming meetings.
- Offer to drive. You’d be surprised how many folks don’t attend our meetings because they do not drive at night, and in the winter it gets dark so early.
- Share your meetings on social media in every group you’re in!
- Call in to radio shows about your upcoming meeting.
- Write a letter to the editor about an upcoming meeting.
- In fact, you can even submit a story to your local paper about your group. Check out a story that was published about our Bexar County location! Newspapers are always looking for content. Be creative and find a story.
- Visit other conservative clubs and ask to make an announcement about your next meeting.
I threw these out off the top of my head. Think outside the box to find ideas on your own! The goal is to grow our army. This is something we must ALL be focused on whether we have a contest or not. It is only the enormity of our numbers that will influence politicians. That responsibility falls on all of us, and all of us know someone we can invite.
I hope to be in YOUR location soon to celebrate your victory! Start now inviting people for January.
For the good of Texas,
Julie McCarty, CEO