You may think you’re a True Texan, but now here’s your chance to prove it! We started the “Certified True Texan Program” because we believe it should mean something when you say it. Every Texan should receive the training to carry out our mission, which states, “True Texas Project exists to educate and motivate citizens to get involved in all areas of government”.
This Program is a Series of 5 Classes
Watch the video below, and then read all about the classes we offer!
Or… scroll to the bottom to see dates and locations for 2023!
- True Texas Project 101 – Who we are, what we do, and why we do it. Lead by CEO and founders, Julie & Fred McCarty, you will hear about the origins of True Texas Project, some of the hurdles we’ve encountered, how we grew to 20 satellites located throughout Texas, why we are committed to building the grassroots army, and how together we can continue the fight to save Texas.
- Constitutional Bootcamp – Learn the basics of the Constitution in layman’s terms in just 4 hours! This is not a boring civics class. By the end you’ll be easily able to spot unConstitutional actions taken by our government. You’ll understand why our Constitution has been so successful for so long, and you’ll be able to articulate how it compares to others. You’ll be impressed with how much knowledge you pick up so quickly!
- Citizen Advocate Training – This popular 4-hour workshop is about being an effective Citizen Advocate at every level of government. Facilitated by Fran Rhodes with a team of guest speakers, we’ll cover Citizen Advocacy 101, Legislative Priorities, using the TLO website, the Legislative Process, Testifying at Hearings, and Effective Communication with Elected Representatives. This workshop will blast you with information to help you be the best and most effective Citizen Advocate in Texas! This class always books out with a waiting list, and clubs around the state ask us to bring it to them.
- True Texas Liberty – Explore the differences between Capitalism, Woke Capitalism, Socialism and Communism. This workshop is led by Tim Hardin and Jeramy Kitchen with Texans for Fiscal Responsibility. They will show you a deep dive into Marxist ideology, and how it has grown into today’s “woke” behaviors. Understanding the differences in these forms of government will prepare you to defend Texas and the freedoms we cherish.
- Elections and Campaigns – Learn what it takes to run for office, or to help someone else do it. Our instructor is the experienced and knowledgeable campaign consultant and strategist, Matt Armstrong. You will hear tips about preparing, organizing, fundraising, communications, block walking, and much more. Whether you are running or you want to help others with their campaigns, this workshop will give you insight on best practices that spell success.
How Does The Program Work?
Claim your bragging rights as a “Certified” True Texan! Just complete the True Texas Project’s citizen engagement workshops. We offer the 5 required subjects periodically around the state, PLUS bonus workshop opportunities from time to time on relevant topics. The workshops are free! Sign up to increase your knowledge and understanding of what it takes to keep Texas Texan.
When you start the process we’ll give you a temporary name badge with a gold star added to it for each one you complete. We also give you a “Liberty Passport” with a page for each subject. When you complete a workshop, we stamp your corresponding passport page.
When you’ve finished all 5, you turn in your completed passport and temporary name badge, and we will award you with a permanent magnetic name badge that declares you are a “Certified True Texan”.
Workshops are held throughout the year in various locations around the state. Watch for email announcements or postings on our website calendar for more information. You can register for one or all in each workshop session. Workshops are free, but we appreciate any financial support you can offer to keep the workshops going.
But wait! There’s more!
We also offer bonus classes from time to time.
Defeat The Dirty Books!:
Learn how to find dirty books and get them out of schools and public libraries! This workshop is lead by Mad Mama Bear, Tracy Shannon, with Mass Resistance. You will be shown the sneaky tactics, key players, and machinery of the dirty book pushers and “change agents” who have been pedaling smut and child sexual grooming materials in public libraries and school libraries. Strategy and tools to take on the dirty book battle will be taught. All participants will get a Mass Resistance Texas Dirty Book Investigator Tool Kit.
Post Constitutional Activism:
This session will take a critical look at the fundamental political assumptions about our government and political processes. It will challenge participants to understand and engage modern politics in an entirely different way, a way more attuned to living in a post-constitutional nation. The workshop is led by Ryan McCubbin. Ryan is a right-wing political activist, a critic of modern culture, and an advocate for a return to Christian traditionalism. He is also a member of our TTP Longview Area leadership team.
Election Workers-The Super Heroes of Election Integrity
Poll workers are the front line defenders of election integrity, and yet so many don’t know what is wrong or right, what to do about irregularities, and what exactly is their responsibility at the polls. This workshop will be a down and dirty look at what it’s like to work an election, warts & all! We will feature guest speakers with expertise on the subject, and conclude with a panel of local, experienced election workers as we discuss what it’s like to work an election, how to spot wrong-doing, and what to do about it.
Ready to sign up?
Get started on your journey to become a Certified True Texan! Sign up for classes! They’re free, but you do need to register. Here’s a list of 2023 workshop dates:
- Jan 14 in The Woodlands (Citizen Advocate Training only)
- Feb 3-4 in Rockwall
- March 31 – April 1 in the Rio Grande Valley (RGV)
- April 22 in Dallas – click here to sign up
- May 13 in Robertson County (near Brazos Valley) – Citizen Advocate training only- click here to sign up. (NOTE: this training is hosted by Robertson County GOP)
- June 2 & 3 in the Katy Area – Weekend Workshop session with 6 classes – click here to sign up
- July 21 & 22 in Granbury – Weekend Workshop session with 6 classes
- September 9 – Constitution Boot Camp, RGV (Harlingen, TX) – click here to sign up
- September 16 – Constitution Boot Camp, Johnson county
- September 16 – Constitution Boot Camp Hill county
- September 23 – Constitution Boot Camp Rockwall/Kaufman Area (Terrell, TX) – click here to sign up
- September 23 – Constitution Boot Camp Brazos Valley (Calvert, TX) – click here to sign up
- September 30 – Constitution Boot Camp Harris County Area (The Woodlands)
Registration links will posted as they are made available.
Watch for additional dates and locations by joining our email list!